Day 38: Onward and Sort of Upward

I passed the NASM test. It was a comfortable pass, which gives me some confidence in the study method I used. From the flashcard app perspective, my initial user acceptance test of one succeeded.

I added about 250 questions to the flashcard app database — slightly fewer than my goal of 320 but enough to make the app robust and functional. I’ll add more later but wanted to leave some space and time between the exam and that task. Exams change, and my goal is for my app to help people master the material regardless of exam questions — internalize key concepts, understand the overarching principles and connections between concepts, learn this stuff inside and out, upside down and sideways.

I also fixed the app formatting and added a search function, which worked pretty well. Then I broke it. Sigh. I’ll re-implement it this week and try to figure out what went wrong.

That’s the process. Move forward. Achieve. Break. Sigh. Fix. Try again.

Major goals for this week:

  1. Fix search functionality in my flashcard app.
  2. Implement swipe-up functionality.
  3. Swift book (again). 100 pages.

I’ll be on the train for a full day, so all of this should be doable.

One thing I won’t be lugging around is the NASM textbook. I’m leaving all 5 pounds of it at home. Travel light.

FacebookTwitterGoogle+Share

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *